Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Deadline: 12 noon, Mon 7 November
Interviews: w/c Mon 14 November
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join us as Head of Creative Programme. You will be open, curious and passionate about performance, and enjoy working in a busy and exciting environment. The role supports our vision to be the creative heart of Huddersfield, bringing the best performances to the town and championing the wealth of talent in Kirklees and West Yorkshire.
The Head of Creative Programme will realise an ambitious programme of performance in our various performance spaces including a main house seating 461, our cellar studio theatre and courtyard space as well as developing a programme of offsite work. The Head of Creative Programme is a key member of the Programming Committee, made up of other Heads of Department to deliver a cohesive, building-wide programme that’s aligned to the overall artistic strategy.
We are looking for:
- At least 2 years’ creative experience within an arts, culture or charitable organisation
- A strong understanding of participation and community engagement work within an arts organisation
- A proven track record of effectively managing budgets
- A demonstrable understanding of and passion for theatre or other live performance
- Experience of working collaboratively or individually to create new work
- Ability to develop connections and relationships with a number of individuals/groups including colleagues, artists, participants, funders and stakeholders
- An understanding of delivering against local and national funding priorities
- Experience of working with hard to reach and diverse groups
- Experience of producing, directing and/or adapting work for the stage
- Experience of fundraising in line with organisational priorities
- Line management experience
- An understanding of the ecology of Kirklees and the wider West Yorkshire region
For further essential skills and experience, please download the recruitment pack below.
To apply, complete the application & equal opportunities forms below and return to us by email - email@example.com - or by post - Becky Atkinson, Lawrence Batley Theatre, Queen Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2SP.
Interviews will take place w/c Mon 14 November.